The Website Terms and Conditions were last updated on 28 February, 2019.
Application of Terms
- These Website T&Cs apply to your use of the Website. By accessing and using the Website:
- you agree to these Website T&Cs; and
- where your access and use is on behalf of another person (e.g. a company), you confirm that you are authorised to, and do in fact, agree to these Website T&Cs on that person’s behalf and that, by agreeing to these Website T&Cs on that person’s behalf, that person is bound by these Website T&Cs.
- If you do not agree to these Website T&Cs, you are not authorised to access and use the Website, and you must immediately stop doing so.
- We may change these Website T&Cs at any time by updating them on the Website. Unless stated otherwise, any change takes effect immediately. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest Website T&Cs. By continuing to access and use the Website, you agree to be bound by the changed Website T&Cs.
- We may change, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, the Website without notice or liability.
- You must provide true, current and complete information in your dealings with us (including when setting up an account), and must promptly update that information as required so that the information remains true, current and complete.
- If you are given a User ID, you must keep your User ID secure and:
- not permit any other person to use your User ID, including not disclosing or providing it to any other person; and
- immediately notify us if you become aware of any disclosure or unauthorised use of your User ID, by sending an email to email@example.com.
- You must:
- not act in a way, or use or introduce anything (including any virus, worm, Trojan horse, timebomb, keystroke logger, spyware or other similar feature) that in any way compromises, or may compromise, the Website or any Underlying System, or otherwise attempt to damage or interfere with the Website or any Underlying System; and
- unless with our agreement, access the Website via standard web browsers only and not by any other method. Other methods include scraping, deep-linking, harvesting, data mining, use of a robot or spider, automation, or any similar data gathering, extraction or monitoring method.
- You must obtain our written permission to establish a link to our Website. If you wish to do so, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You indemnify us against all Loss we suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of your failure to comply with these Website T&Cs, including any failure of a person who accesses and uses our Website by using your User ID.
- We (and our licensors) own all proprietary and intellectual property rights in the Website (including all information, data, text, graphics, artwork, photographs, logos, icons, sound recordings, videos and look and feel), and the Underlying Systems.
- To the extent permitted by law, we and our licensors have no liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any Loss in connection with:
- the Website being unavailable (in whole or in part) or performing slowly;
- any error in, or omission from, any information made available through the Website;
- any exposure to viruses or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system or expose you to fraud when you access or use the Website. To avoid doubt, you are responsible for ensuring the process by which you access and use the Website protects you from this; and
- any site linked from the Website. Any link on the Website to other sites does not imply any endorsement, approval or recommendation of, or responsibility for, those sites or their contents, operations, products or operators.
- We make no representation or warranty that the Website is appropriate or available for use in all countries or that the content satisfies the laws of all countries. You are responsible for ensuring that your access to and use of the Website is not illegal or prohibited, and for your own compliance with applicable local laws.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- you access and use the Website at your own risk; and
- we are not liable or responsible to you or any other person for any Loss under or in connection with these Website T&Cs, the Website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website. This exclusion applies regardless of whether our liability or responsibility arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise.
- Except to the extent permitted by law, nothing in these Website T&Cs has the effect of contracting out of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or any other consumer protection law that cannot be excluded. To the extent our liability cannot be excluded but can be limited, our liability is limited to NZ$100.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law and only to the extent clauses 6.1 and 6.2 of these Website T&Cs do not apply, our total liability to you under or in connection with these Website T&Cs, or in connection with the Website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website, must not exceed NZ$100.
Suspension and Termination
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, if we consider that you have breached these Website T&Cs or we otherwise consider it appropriate, we may immediately, and without notice, suspend or terminate your access to the Website (or any part of it).
- On suspension or termination, you must immediately cease using the Website and must not attempt to gain further access.
- If we need to contact you, we may do so by email or by posting a notice on the Website. You agree that this satisfies all legal requirements in relation to written communications.
- These Website T&Cs, and any dispute relating to these Website T&Cs or the Website, are governed by and must be interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand in relation to any dispute connected with these Website T&Cs or the Website.
- For us to waive a right under these Website T&Cs, the waiver must be in writing.
- Clauses which, by their nature, are intended to survive termination of these Website T&Cs, including clauses 3.5, 4, 5, 6, 9.1, continue in force.
- If any part or provision of these Website T&Cs is or becomes illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, that part or provision is deemed to be modified to the extent required to remedy the illegality, unenforceability or invalidity. If a modification is not possible, the part or provision must be treated for all purposes as severed from these Website T&Cs. The remainder of these Website T&Cs will be binding on you.
- These Website T&Cs set out everything agreed by the parties relating to your use of the Website and supersede and cancel anything discussed, exchanged or agreed prior to you agreeing to these Website T&Cs. The parties have not relied on any representation, warranty or agreement relating to the Website that is not expressly set out in the Website T&Cs, and no such representation, warranty or agreement has any effect from the date you agreed to these Website T&Cs.
- In these Website T&Cs:
- including and similar words do not imply any limit;
- Loss includes loss of profits, savings, revenue or data, and any other claim, damage, loss, liability and cost, including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis;
- personal information means information about an identifiable, living person;
- Underlying System means any network, system, software, data or material that underlies or is connected to the Website;
- User ID means a unique name and/or password allocated to you to allow you to access certain parts of the Website;
- We, us or our means Consensus New Zealand Limited;
- Website means www.lawkit.nz;
- Website T&Cs means these terms and conditions titled LawKit Website Terms and Conditions;
- You means you or, if clause 1.1b applies, both you and the other person on whose behalf you are acting.